The Arch-Enemy of Evil
Doc Savage was a character from the pulp fiction days of the 1930’s & ‘40’s. In my lifetime, Bantam Books repackaged and republished the books, at first in single-volume editions, later doubling up to maximize profitability (which couldn’t have been very great to start with), but unfortunately losing in the process the truly ludicrous, somewhat lurid cover art, many of which The Barrister and I collected over the years (and which I’ve imported to Australia, where Doc is a complete unknown, despite the execrable Ron Ely high-camp movie - where will I ever get Up from Earth’s Center now?). Anyway, it’s great fun to locate this collection of covers from the original books. (There’s also a fan site and a pulp resources site, whatever that means.) What a shame, though, to miss the pulp art exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment