11 June 2003

Roam No More
When I first happened upon Wander Lust, over at Outside Counsel, I was sufficiently taken with the idea to add it to my ‘blog template. I saw this as a utility, one that the self-referential nature of the internet was getting better at, which was more than a little necessary, because it more often seems still that the web consists of nothing more than a few subscription-based or registration-required news sites, a lot of 'blogs, and an endless amount of dead-ends. WL brought a level of connectedness to at least the 'blogs, and outside of any commercial imperative, establishing a more communal feeling. I got a lot of hits off WL, too. And now, it’s over, as I discovered upon reading Aussie Lass, one of the ‘blogs that turned up as a result of someone wandering through. I didn’t find many other sites I visited regularly via WL, but it was still fun, something to do while having lunch, when the weather wasn’t up to scratch. Should I leave the link on, in case they change their minds? Just for a week.

No comments: