02 August 2005

Blues
Continuing my efforts to wean myself from retailers and other corporations whose political donations favor the GOP, I've begun an experiment related to signing up as a Barnes & Noble affiliate. Rather than parasitically maintaining a wish list on Amazon, I'm going to use B&N links in the sidebar. Although they don't have the recommendations facility of Amazon, that's not a feature I put much trust in anyway, so although this is more public, it's not dissimilar from the "what I'm reading" "what I'm listening to" sidebar items seen on other blogs, and if anyone actually buys one of these things (for themselves, of course; I'm not fishing for gifts), I stand to benefit as an affiliate as well as using this as a memory aid. If the pages load too slowly, I may reconsider, but once started on the advertising path, it's precipitous incline.

No comments: