12 August 2005

Debut
Sunday will be my second race in Australia, but the first iconic run: the City to Surf, 14K of fun. I've been training the last couple of months, working up to the distance, with my longest training run about two weeks ago at 12K. I'm looking to do anything better than 80 minutes, but with all the tens of thousands who'll be out there on the 14th, I'll probably have to keep my own clock. While the weather turned a bit chilly the past few days, Sunday promises 21 degrees, which will be quite pleasant I think. The gun goes off at 9:30 a.m., which is reasonable, and I'm stuck in the second start. This will also be the debut of the Keith Richards Athletic Club in Australia. I know I should have signed up with that as my team name, but it'll have to wait for next year.

No comments: