14 August 2005

Finish
90.23 - well over what I'd hoped for, even subtracting 5 minutes for the time it took from the gun to when I actually crossed the start. Thank goodness there was a staggered start at the City-to-Surf today; with 60,000 participants, the field was so large, unless you were one of the elite, or even just among those in the first three starts, you never saw a clear line, dodging and weaving all the way. Nobody much was throwing elbows, but there were those who just wouldn't hold their line long enough for you to slip through a gap either.

This is probably the most fun race I've ever run in, not to mention the longest (as well as being the longest run I've done at all since High School). Definitely next year. And I'll manage not to screw up timing myself next time, too. Or maybe I'll just lop off those extra ten minutes from the first gun in addition. Yeah, 75.23 sounds really good. Not realistic, but good.

No comments: