Excelsior
I’ve been meaning to mention Get Up, a newly launched political action website on the model of Move On. I’ve only just signed on for updates, so I don’t know a lot about them, but they were evidently fired up by the Coalition’s Senate majority, and there’s nothing wrong with that. In Australian party politics, it’s too easy under these conditions for the majority to override without or with only a minium of debate any objections, an especially worrying situation under the present regime, intent on they are on a return to the 19th century (or earlier), so I welcome any effort to ensure the government is aware that they are under direct scrutiny. It hasn’t mattered much to this crowd, but it can’t hurt to keep up the pressure. Although there’ve been accusations of this group being (merely) a Labor Party “front,” those are simply irrelevant if not asinine. Onward & upward!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment