Movies Made . . . Cheap
EasyCinema is an idea I’d like to see implemented all over. Especially near me. I’ve been hearing for years how ticket prices go up because it’s so expensive to run a theatre, but I think it’s just as much about those record-breaking weekends you hear about with every new release. This system seems a lot more sensible to me. Charge more for new releases than older movies, less for booking in advance than waiting until the last minute, use the internet instead of the glass booth, no popcorn, and so forth. Do the studios have to gross so many millions of dollars? There are problems with all of this, of course, because – let’s face it – people aren’t reasonable. But the only significant issue as far as I can tell is that there will be audience members who insist on bringing really stinky food with them. Bad enough the crunchy stuff sold in theatres as it is, but wait until it’s a picnic. If only the VCR hadn’t deluded so many people into believing that whenever they watch a movie they’re at home. (Shh. No, you shut up. Mom!)
No comments:
Post a Comment