’Za
Outside Counsel brings up the issue of the world’s most perfect food: pizza. Well, I suppose there are those who would claim burritos, but I still say pizza; it has everything necessary to sustain life, or can: bread, cheese, veggies, fruit (if you include some chopped pineapple, and I insist on it). While WCA references the dearth of good pizza north of the Bronx, I have found that the pizza-dining experience in Sydney is, by-and-large, superior to that of NYC. In fact, Sydney may be the first place I’ve been in the world that didn’t offer “NY-style” pizza, as either advertising or in content. The wood-fired oven is the most common, and although crust quality may vary, it’s never less than crisp, and the toppings are intensely flavorful. Although I’ve enjoyed deep-dish in Chicago, and have endured more than my share of Penn Station pizza (and if the Roma-style I’ve encountered is representative of what’s on offer there), I’m giving the prize the Sydney’s Italian community for best ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment