Transmission
Would working from home be any help: one thing an office environment is sure to provide is the communication of viruses. After an enforced four-day weekend, I’m probably still as much a danger to others as they apparently were to me. The “down time,” however, did provide opportunities to complete a few of the lesser household chores required by moving in to a new home. It’s been two weeks, and the end is nearly in sight, thank God. The furniture for the balcony should arrive soon, but so, too, will winter, although that doesn’t have the same connotations as it does back in the Northeast, and we’ll likely have an opportunity to enjoy it prior to September.
or Lack Thereof
I’d have liked to have seen the Democratic candidates debate on Saturday, even though C-SPAN appears to be the only channel where it would have been available (and a day later). When last in NYC, we had broadband internet, and it came with a host of additional channels, but I don’t remember seeing these. They must have been there, unless they were replaced by one of the many MTV spin-offs. Here we’ve only got four channels, one of them usually subtitled, one consisting nearly exclusively of the worst US programming, and we find it a lot easier to shut off anything that isn’t news, Buffy, or a movie we’d actually like to watch. This is all digression, isn’t it? The Democratic disarray is to blame, or my present lack of ability to concentrate. I think it’s a bit rich to hear Al Sharpton calling for unity, a “cheap shot” in its own right, as it can only be considered opportunistic in these early days to expect nine candidates to meet for a debate only to agree on everything. I’d also have enjoyed watching Lieberman, that mealy-mouthed creep, if only to boo and hiss whenever he turned up. Really, if you’re going to be a Republican, register with the party. Nobody’s fooled (yes, they are). So far, from previous reading, I’m leaning in favor of John Edwards, but I’d even vote for Gephardt if he was the only one on offer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment