11 May 2004

Catch-Up
(N.b., the title is not a reference to catsup or ketchup, known in Australia as “tomato sauce,” but rather to the fact that I’ve been out of the loop pretty much, otherwise occupied with lying around reading and slacking off work, the methodology for which I’ve established as looking vaguely pained and holding my lower abdomen as I arise from my reclining position on the couch, perhaps prefaced by gently removing the cat from my lap, whose weight should have been uncomfortable if there was actually anything wrong with me . . . but I digress.)
As a member of Democrats Abroad – Australia, in addition to a wealth of email touting the latest activities of the committee, sometimes there’s a bit of levity to be had, e.g., Internet Registration for the Draft. Thanks to Scott. More seriously in politics, another of the members has forwarded the URL for the Tell an American to Vote website, an informal resource to assist Democrats abroad in dealing with absentee balloting. The telling statistic of 7 million expatriates against Bush’s 2000 margin of 537 votes is worth noting. Even though the majority of those millions may be military, they aren’t all Republicans.

No comments: