21 May 2004

Society Gone Mad: Evidence Is Everywhere, if You Ride the Train
I don’t read the Australian much, but maybe I should, if Imre Salusinszky’s going to keep up his tales from CityRail. In NYC, I didn’t have the opportunity to experience quite so much cell phone activity, since the subways have yet to be wired for sound, and so didn’t know that “Hindi is a language that can only be shouted,” although I had previously observed and noted that cell phones must be analogous to those tin-can-and-string toys we’ve all played with, despite being equipped with a MICROPHONE. To add on to Clarence Street’s add-on, I have seen that it is universal that little old Chinese ladies are going to push past you to be the first one on board the train/bus/ferry, so you might as well just step aside now and avoid the damage to your bunions.

No comments: