Activism Activities
Last night's Meet-Up was the best I've attended so far. O.k., I've gone to two, now. What's your point? Anyway, there were more people and more activity (I even got some jobs to do; how civic of me). I have to admit that it's a little too democratic for me, as I'd be just as happy to have the Committee come up with the plans, present them to the membership, and sign up the volunteers. On the other hand, it is kind of fun trying to come up with ideas for fund-raising and increasing our noteriety. So what I'd really like is to find a venue that's more suitable for these kinds of meetings (but that still sells beer) than we've found so far. The Lord Nelson was good, except the food was pretty expensive, and the Hippo Lounge was not (see above). There has to be a place we can take over, but we need to be sure of a sufficiently large audience that the publican is going to enjoy the revenue but isn't going to freak out at the service demands. It would also be good if they had cable and could host a Convention party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment