Wait for the Video
While I still prefer VHS over DVD in many respects – I don’t spend a lot of time on the extras, after all – going to the movies to see a first-run picture on the big screen is still an experience far different than watching a film on t.v. But if they’re going to charge $15.30 per ticket, I may have to stay home. Many schemes have been floated for improving cinemas’ profit margins. Eliminating the popcorn and so forth would, for example, reduce the operational costs significantly. Another option would be to vary the prices according to the show time, lower for off-peak hours and higher for “prime time.” Claiming price increases are indexed to inflation is just an excuse for socking it to the consumer. The real inflation is the multi-million dollar blockbuster budgets, so why not charge more for the movies with the Schwarzeneggers and special effects?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment