Shore ‘nuff
I’m a big fan of urban greenways, and combined with Sydney’s harbour, I expect this latest effort, started by Lucy Turnbull, and now driven by Clover Moore’s vision for a more liveable city, is almost certain to be a terrific non-development development. I already enjoy running down to the Opera House and through the Botanical Gardens and the Domain, not to mention walks through The Rocks under the Harbour Bridge and past the Observatory. Perhaps while Mom’s in town, we’ll even manage the Spit-to-Manly walk, but I’d have loved to take her through the southern, westward shore, presently cut up into bits of parkland by run-down, half-working port facilities. 50 years is a long time to wait for the completion of this project, particularly as I may not be in a position to hike 17 kilometers by that time. I will accept whatever piecemeal portions can be achieved in the meanwhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment